As a Post Great Grains Customer, you know the importance of healthy eating.
Take the Next Steps Towards Ending Hunger and Wasted Food Now with AmpleHarvest.org.
1. Make a tax-deductible donation to AmpleHarvest.org. In a traditional food drive, one can of food equals one can of food. A monetary donation to AmpleHarvest.org equals countless pounds of fresh food donated to food pantries across America. Every dollar you give goes a long way to end hunger and wasted food in ALL 50 states. Visit www.AmpleHarvest.org/donate to make a secure donation online.
2. If you’ve got even the tiniest of green thumbs, pledge to plant some extra veggies in your garden to donate to your local food pantry. Take the pledge here.
3. If your thumbs aren’t green at all, that’s ok! Tap into your creative side and create a whole fruit or vegetable centerpiece for your holiday table. When you’re done enjoying it, donate the whole thing to your local food pantry and it will bless TWO tables! Read more about our Centerpieces for Pantries campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org/holiday
4. No green thumb and not a creative bone in your body? That’s okay too! These are really easy ways to donate FOR FREE to AmpleHarvest.org:
- Grab your cell phone and text “Give3? to 79008 and BV Wines will donate $1 to AmpleHarvest.org on your behalf.
- Visit Post’s Great Grains Facebook page between now and February 1, 2015 to take the “Fad Free Pledge” to eat healthy wholesome foods this year. When you pledge, they make a $3 donation to AmpleHarvest.org!
- Get creative with your New Year’s resolution at http://tastybite.com/resolutions/ and they will donate $1 on your behalf to help us continue our work to end hunger in America.
- When you’re shopping online use Amazon Smile and they will make a donation on your behalf. Visit www.AmpleHarvest.org/Amazon to make your online purchases.
5. Help us spread the word about AmpleHarvest.org the 42 million Americans who are growing food gardens! Like our facebook page, and invite your friends to like it too. Join us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Write a blog article about AmpleHarvest.org–there’s a sample blog post and graphics on this page.
6. Help a food pantry get registered on AmpleHarvest.org so that growers can find them when they have extra food to donate. When you’ve located a food pantry in your community, check to see if they are already registered by searching at www.AmpleHarvest.org/findpantry. If they are not there, give them a call or send them an email letting them know that registering on AmpleHarvest.org is FREE and it will help them get fresh food donations for their clients!