Apples are tree growing fruits in the genus “Malus”. Apples originated in Central Asia where they are still found today.
- Apples are high in fiber which helps aid in healthy digestion.
- Apples are high in vitamin C which works as an antioxidant.
- Apples are also high in potassium which promotes heart health.
- Apples are 90% water so they aid in hydration!
How to Store
- Apples are best stored in the refrigerator if you do not plan to consume within 2-3 days.
- Once sliced, apples can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
- Always wash your apple before eating.
- Apples are often enjoyed fresh and sliced with dips like peanut butter or dressings.
- Apples can be cooked or baked into desserts as well!
- Apples grow in different shades of red, yellow, and green.
- 7,500 different varieties of apples grow around the world.
- The apple blossom is the state flower of Michigan.