There are many types of lettuce. These leafy greens are packed with nutrition and are low in calories. Lettuce can add color and texture to meals. Lettuce has a mild, sweet flavor.
- Lettuce has vitamin A which helps with eye health
- Lettuce has Vitamin K which helps with building strong bones.
- Lettuce is a good source of Folate which is important for making the happy hormones in our body.
How to Store
- Rinse well and pat dry. paper towel
- Store in the refrigerator for a week
- If wilted put leaves in a bowl of ice water and soaks for 15 minutes
How to Prepare
- Cut into bite-sized pieces to make a salad
- add into a sandwich for a crispy texture
- Layer into spring rolls and wraps.
- Lettuce is the second most popular fresh veggie in the US.
- 70% of the lettuce grown in the US comes from California.
- There are hieroglyphic records of lettuce being grown over 6000 years ago.