- Tomatoes are an excellent source of micronutrients including vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K
- Tomatoes are 95% water. This is a very hydrating fruit.
- Tomatoes are high in fiber which can aid in healthy digestion as well as weight loss.
How To Store
- Tomatoes are best stored at room temperature. A room temperature environment will encourage ripening of the fruit.
- When ripe, it is best to move your tomato to the refrigerator. The refrigerator stops the ripening process and keeps the tomato at desired ripeness until ready to eat (3-5 days)
Ideas For Uses
- Tomatoes are so versatile! They can be eaten in any form!
- Before eating, be sure to rinse the fruit thoroughly.
- Carefully remove the stem from the top of the fruit with a knife.
- Cut however you prefer and enjoy!
- Tomatoes are delicious raw on a salad, on a sandwich, or simply dipped in dressing
- You may also sauté or bake tomatoes in oil of your choice.
- Fresh tomatoes can also be made into a homemade salsa!
Download PDF sheet
- There are over 7,500 varieties of tomatoes grown around the world.
- Tomatoes originated in Peru.
- China is the #1 producer of tomatoes in the world with the United States as a close second.