Zucchini is a variety of summer squash. It is packed with nutrients and can be utilized in a variety of ways.
- Like many fruits and vegetables, zucchini is high in fiber and water content which encourages healthy digestion
- Zucchini is packed with vitamins including vitamin A, C, K, and folic acid.
How to Store
- Store zucchini in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- Zucchini may also be cut and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Wait to wash zucchini until ready to eat. Excess moisture will decrease shelf life.
How to Prepare
- Wash zucchini before eating.
- Peeling zucchini is optional. For more fiber, eat zucchini with the skin!
- Dice, cut in slices, or strips and eat raw or cooked.
- Zucchini is in the gourd family. This family also includes squash and pumpkin.
- One Zucchini has more potassium than one banana!
- The flower from the zucchini plant is edible! It is often seen as a delicacy.