Nearby gardeners want to help your food pantry.
We know how difficult it is to meet the increasing needs of the hungry in your community. Gardeners in your area can help! They often grow more fruit, vegetables, herbs and nuts than they can use and are happy to share some with your food pantry – if only they could find you!
AmpleHarvest.org is a free nationwide registry. We enable gardeners who’ve grown too much food to easily find food pantries in their area.
It’s free! Sign Up Today!
Today, 8,986 food pantries across all 50 states have already registered, with more signing up every day. Don’t miss out on all of these donations of locally-grown fresh food.
Top Five Reasons To Join
- It’s Free! Registering a pantry is and always will be a free service.
- COVID-19 safety measures are built in.
- Get fresh food faster. Gardeners bring produce in on the day/time the pantry chooses, eliminating the need for refrigeration.
- Help people in need have healthier options. Eating fresh food lowers the chance of diet related illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity.
- It’s good for the environment. Locally sourced food comes without packaging and is not trucked across the country.
Gardeners across America harvest a lot of produce. 11.5 billion pounds of garden produce becomes food waste every year.
Many home and community gardeners are eager to reach into their backyards to help their neighbors in need. AmpleHarvest.org helps them find you.
Joining AmpleHarvest.org is also a great way to generate additional community support. Gardeners often donate purchased food or money in colder months. Some may become volunteers too.
**Please Note: Do not register a food pantry without their knowledge and consent! It is important that a pantry register itself. Thank you!
Please also check if your pantry is already registered by visiting AmpleHarvest.org/find-pantry