Hungry for Christ (HFC) has been a reliable source of desirable food products for families facing food insecurities in west Michigan since 2000. Thanks to relationships with over 50 food donors, HFC receives and stores the donated food products in our 44,000 sq. ft. warehouse. Those items are then offered to over 220 partners in west Michigan and beyond who freely distribute them to the families they serve.
• HFC Food Pantry Sharing program continues to meet the needs of our partners, supplying them with food to meet the needs of their families.
• HFC Family Pantry program is structured with a “grocery store” atmosphere. Families are scheduled once a month to select food items that meet their dietary needs.
• HFC Backpack Sharing program provides food to our partners that help fill close to 20,000 backpacks a month, reaching over 4,680 students weekly.
• HFC Mobile Pantry Sharing program partners with local churches that host food distributions in their communities for families in need.
• HFC Outreach Ministry is expanding. We now partner with 6 food banks across the states and share resources. When disaster strikes, HFC is there to meet needs both for the military and natural disaster areas.
Please call us at 269-264-1307 x1000 or email us at [email protected] with donation offers.
ProducePedia is a free resource that covers the types of fresh produce that can be delivered to food pantries. Each entry includes information on color, taste, and possible uses. People unfamiliar with the vegetable or fruit will learn how to use it, and those who are familiar with it still might learn a fun fact or two!
The Cooperative Extension sites have a wealth of information for any backyard gardener. Once you go to the site (each one if very different from the others) look for a link for “homes and gardens”, “landscape”, “consumer horticulture”, etc. to find information on improving your backyard garden. Neighboring state sites may offer information your own state’s site lacks.