Award winning World Food Prize nominee and CNN Hero Gary Oppenheimer.
Nationally recognized game changer in the landscape of food waste, hunger and disruptive innovations available for keynote speeches and panel discussions.
Contact [email protected] for more information.
The Power of One – How an aging geek changed a food network
Innovative Solutions, Innovative Metrics
How innovative changes call for a new way of measuring success – or failure.
Audience: corporate events, think tanks, universities
Food Waste Costing More Than You Thought
Half of the produce in America (including 11 billion pounds of locally grown fresh food) is never consumed. Learn the costs of food waste and some of the simple sustainable solutions to the problem.
Audience: General public, gardeners
AmpleHarvest.org – No Food Left Behind
Challenges encountered by great ideas and innovations in the non-profit realm and why we should welcome risking success.
Audience: Philanthropic groups, investors, government
People of Faith Responding To Food Waste
America’s Food Safety Net – How We Fight Hunger With One Hand Tied Behind Our Back
While 42 million Americans grow more food in their garden than they can use, preserve or give to friends, 50 million Americans nationwide are food insecure. A new disruptive solution enables people to reach into their backyard instead of their back pocket to help end hunger.
Audience: Gardeners, farmers, general public
Audience tweeting while listening…….
- “Totally getting chills thinking about the possibilities of @AmpleHarvest! Such a simple idea, such amazing results” @greenphillyblog
- “The opposite of hunger isn’t full, it’s healthy. -@GaryOppenheimer, ” @shantielise
- “Too many amazing #healthy #food facts to tweet. Awesome speech by @GaryOppenheimer, founder of @AmpleHarvest, happening now.” @MarissaR1
- “Growth map of @AmpleHarvest‘s expansion to 6700 food pantries (1 in 5 in US) since 2009 is amazing” @samwittchen
- “Simple, effective and brilliant. Absolutely falling in love with @AmpleHarvest” @ryanspies
- “@AmpleHarvest is blowing my mind on America’s food waste!!!” @hertzlocker
- “@AmpleHarvest….@GaryOppenheimer he’s amazing” @ProfBernardNYC
- “Keynote speaker Gary Oppenheimer from @AmpleHarvest at 2014 Tri-State Sustainability Symposium…WOW!” @NJTreeFoundation
- “#nofoodleftbehind – Founder of @AmpleHarvest gave me this AMAZING interview. Not only informative but interesting…” @mrsgreensworld
- “Gary from @AmpleHarvest is personally taking leftover boxed lunches to @salvationarmy! #walkthewalk” @DVGBCLori
- A wonderful presentation!! Yes-the solution is right under our nose. Thank you Gary. @AHilosky
- “Total A+” @Bmolotsky
- “Great lecture by Gary Oppenheimer, founder of #AmpleHarvest.org! #Harcum College Speaker Series is outstanding!” @HarcumCollege
Sampling of other feedback….
- “Your words inspired me.” -K. Robinson – George Washington Carver Centenial Series
- “That was a nice talk, an eye opener. -S. Fall – George Washington Carver Centenial Series
- “I remember you and the powerful speech you delivered. . -A Asbogun – Tuskegee University
- “…your presentation was a clear highlight for many of our students” M. Weinstein – U of Maryland
Special offer for corporate talks….
Gary Oppenheimer donates a free colloquium at a nearby college or university. Have him speak at your event, and then get the PR benefit of sponsoring his talk a nearby school. You get two engagements for the cost of one!
AmpleHarvest.org Founder and Executive Director Gary Oppenheimer
Gary Oppenheimer, a CNN Hero, World Food Prize nominee, lecturer and speaker (including a two TED presentations) and a Google Tech Talk, 2013 Purpose Prize Fellow, Points of Light Tribute winner, Huffington Post’s “Greatest Person of the Day” and “ 2011 Game Changer“, winner of the Russell Berrie Foundation’s “Making A Difference” award, winner of the Glynwood 2011 “Wave of the Future” award, winner of the 2012 Elfenworks “In Harmony With Hope” award, Echoing Green semifinalist and founder of AmpleHarvest.org now makes his home in the mountains of northern New Jersey after having lived on a boat on the Hudson River in Manhattan since 1978. He is also a Master Gardener, Rutgers Environmental Steward, former community garden director, Environmental Commissioner in northern New Jersey, an avid gardener and long distance cyclist.
An early pioneer in the electronic mail, produced what is believe to be the first “ezine” – published from 1985 to 1996 – while working from a home office located on the boat.
Aware of the increasing hunger problem in America and, in 2009, after seeing the amount of wasted food in the community garden as well as other gardens around the country, he created AmpleHarvest.org – a nationwide program enabling America’s 42 million home and community gardeners to donate their bounty to thousands of food pantries nationwide.
He has appeared in numerous radio interviews and his work has been the subject of countless blogs and newspaper articles.
Because AmpleHarvest.org works closely with First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative to improve fresh food access at thousands of food pantries nationwide, he had the opportunity to meet the President and First Lady and she subsequently highlighted AmpleHarvest.org in a speech in early 2012.
He also enjoys boating, hiking, farming (chickens for eggs and vegetables) and attacking challenges of all sorts. He is a firm believer in the notion that to do the impossible, you must first believe it isn’t.
Gary is available for keynote speaking engagements and panel discussions, and also includes a free colloquium to a nearby college or university with the engagement. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Additional background information about Gary Oppenheimer is available here.
Sampling of Past Talks
Gary Oppenheimer speaking:
TED Talk: TEDx Manhattan
TED Talk: TEDx Lancaster
Keynote Speech at awards ceremony