What is Giving Tuesday?
After the biggest shopping weekend of the year, millions of Americans celebrate Giving Tuesday—a day for families and communities to come together and give back and help those in need. A lot of charities are asking for your support on this day. Here’s why we think you should give back by giving to AmpleHarvest.org:
50 million of our neighbors across America suffer from childhood obesity, Type II diabetes and other ailments caused by malnutrition. Or they are simply hungry. They rely on a nearby food pantry and don’t have the access to the fresh produce that many people take for granted. Without access to fresh produce, America’s health will continue to decline.
Every dollar you donate to AmpleHarvest.org helps nourish 100 people. Yes – it is that easy.
Your support of our work says you believe that:
- Fresh food we already have in our communities should find its way to those with least access to it instead of just rotting in the garden
- Food pantries should be offering locally grown produce instead of processed food where possible
- Families across America should have access to the healthiest food they desire.
Garden food is fresh, free, and already in the community.
You can turn America’s food waste into food wealth.
- Please visit AmpleHarvest.org/support. Your donation helps fund the staff and technology needed to support our work.
- Please visit AmpleHarvest.org/holiday. Learn how your holiday dinner can feed more than just your family.
$10 helps 10 more gardeners start donating fresh produce.
$18 helps a garden club donate food for the first time
$25 helps a community garden share food with a food pantry.
$50 (most popular) helps a pantry start accepting fresh food
$100 helps a soup kitchen get fresh food for nourishing meals
$770 helps an entire community of gardeners connect with a pantry
AmpleHarvest.org, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization