What is Giving Tuesday?
Of all the famous Tuesdays, I think Giving Tuesday is the best. Fat Tuesday and Taco Tuesday are pretty famous, but Giving Tuesday is just so powerful.
After the biggest shopping weekend of the year, millions of Americans celebrate Giving Tuesday. It’s a day to come together and give back to help your neighbors in need. A lot of charities are asking for your support on this day. Here’s why we think you should give back by giving to AmpleHarvest.org:
50 million of our neighbors across America suffer from childhood obesity, Type II diabetes and other ailments caused by malnutrition. Or they are simply hungry. They rely on a nearby food pantry and don’t have the access to the fresh produce that many people take for granted. Without access to fresh produce, America’s health will continue to decline.
Unfortunately, demand at food pantries is higher now than when the COVID-19 pandemic started. Rising food prices and many more families seeking assistance are stretching resources thin.
Every dollar you donate to AmpleHarvest.org helps nourish 100 people. Yes – it is that easy.
Your support of our work says you believe that:
- Fresh food we already have in our communities should find its way to those with the least access to it instead of just rotting in the garden
- Food pantries should be offering locally grown produce instead of processed food where possible
- Families across America should have access to the healthiest food they desire.
Garden food is fresh, free, and already in the community.
You can turn America’s food waste into food wealth.
Looking for other ways to give back on Giving Tuesday? Here are some tips:
- Spread the word about AmpleHarvest.org on social
- Ask a food pantry in your community sign up at AmpleHarvest.org.
- Bring AmpleHarvest.org to the growers in your community.
- Tell your friends! Talking about your contributions helps inspire others to give back
Did you know that the most productive day of the week is Tuesday? So add this to your to-do list!
AmpleHarvest.org, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization (EIN #27-2433274).
The solution to hunger is in America’s backyards.